Sunday, October 24, 2010

How to Think Like a CEO


One of the books I’ve been reading is How to Think Like a CEO. This is by D.A. Benton. It gives the reader a great amount of advice, talking about how to move up in your company quickly and efficiently, using little-known techniques that can really make a difference. Right now, you’re probably thinking, “isn’t this kid like 14 or 15?” True, I haven’t really started a job yet. But when I start my career after I’m finished college, I want to make sure I do a good job. And when it’s hard for young people without experience to get a job, you can see why it’s extra important.
The book is divided into 11 chapters, and they touch on everything in order for the reader to try and become more successful.  They cover anything from when to go outside your boundaries to the many obstacles you will have in order to become highly ranked. Along with a lot of great advice from the author, there are many top CEO’s that give their input to this book. These can include Rick Holley, Alex Mandl, and many more. I learned that being a CEO isn’t really what I thought it was. Obviously, I knew there would be work involved but I didn’t think that there would be THIS much. I didn’t know that some CEO’s were the lowest paid employees of their entire company.
Either way, this book showed me a lot. I recommend it to anyone that would want to go into the business industry like me, or just someone that has been having trouble being recognized in their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment