Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Super Bowl XLV- Flop or Not?

Source: bedandbreakfastdallas.com
On February 6th, 2011, the biggest football game of the season is played. Super Bowl XLV,  or 41, played in Dallas, is thought of as one of the best Super Bowl games yet. The Pittsburgh Steelers, loaded with Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward and coach Mike Tomlin, take on the Green Bay Packers led by Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings and coach Mike McCarthy. At halftime, the Black Eyed Peas are performing and Christina Aguilera will be singing the National Anthem. I personally believe that this won’t be too good of a Super Bowl.
First of all, neither of these two teams did well in the regular season. The Steelers had a 12-4 record which isn’t too bad, but I don’t think they should be in the Super Bowl. Even worse, the Packers were 10-6 with some very embarrassing losses. Another thing; why is Christina Aguilera singing the national anthem? I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard one of her songs… she’s been out of the spotlight for years! I can understand the Black Eyed peas; they have been very successful in the past couple of years.
Where it is being held. Source: betting-superbowl.com
As you may see, I am a traditionalist; I prefer the two best teams going at each other. I would love to see a Patriots/ Eagles Super Bowl or something along the lines of that. I would prefer to see someone such as Beyoncé singing the national anthem, and personally I would want a rock band performing at half time. In addition, I don’t agree with the fact that it’s being held at the Dallas Cowboy’s stadium; the Dallas Cowboys had one of their worst seasons to date.
Just my 2 cents.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment