Thursday, September 16, 2010

California




If you know me, you know that I'm pretty proud to have lived in California; and if you plan on marrying me, that's where we are living .J California in my mind is one of the most diverse areas in the world. In fact, a little too diverse. It's not crazy to see a mansion sitting right next to a destroyed trailer. But either way, I love that place. 

Another way California is diverse is the land. Many people distinguish the state into two parts- Northern and Southern. Northern California, which includes the Bay Area (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose,) Lake Tahoe, and Sacramento, is where alot of business companies have their headquarters. Apple in Cupertino, Chevron in San Ramon, and many more. In addition, there are alot of recreational things to do. Surf in Santa Cruz, Ski in Lake Tahoe, or hike in any of the large mountains found in NorCal. One of the most famous parts of California is the Golden Gate Bridge, which is found in San Francisco. A lot of musicians hail from this area. Green Day in Berkeley, many musicians San Francisco, along with rappers scattered all over the bay area.
Lake Tahoe, California. My brother

The other area is Southern California. Many people believe the "southern" part of California starts in the beautiful San Luis Obispo. SoCal includes the Los Angeles area (Greater LA, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica) along with San Diego, Santa Barbara and a lot more. You can see that through the names that California is influenced by Latino culture; Southern Cal is no exception. This area is known for various things- Disneyland, Hollywood, along with some of the greatest surf spots on the Pacific side- Huntington Beach, Hermosa Beach, Laguna Beach, and many more. Los Angeles can be known as the music capital of the world- rock bands such as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Beach Boys and many more originate from this area. All over California it is not uncommon to see a celebrity out in public. I know the exact houses in which Daniel Tosh, Audrina Patridge, and Pau Gasol live. I'm not a stalker... go there and see what I'm talking about.

Hermosa Beach, a picture I took


As I mentioned, this is where I plan on living as an adult. Excellent colleges can be found here, including Stanford, UCLA, Cal, USC, and an ample more. I would want to go to a UC school- University of California Santa Barbara or UCLA are my dream schools.

California is a beautiful place full of many things. Obviously, I am a little biased as I say these things; but this is no exaggeration at all. Go there and see why is the most populated area in North America.


-HAT

No comments:

Post a Comment