Thursday, March 31, 2011

Songs on Replay

In earlier posts, I've talked about how much I like music and how it helps me express myself. Lately, I've been able to find a lot of great music. Below are a few songs that are on repeat; I can't stop listening to them.

Badfish-Sublime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmadSGJCzo8
This song is almost 20 years old but I know people that are still bumping to it like it came out this morning. Sublime is a legendary band where I'm from, and the fact that this song relaxes me and makes me feel positive is enough to be #1 on this list. I highly recommend Badfish or any other song by Sublime if you just want to be happy and have a positive outlook on life. I have been through a lot lately, and this song has really touched home with me.

The Race- Wiz Khalifa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0JhNEKzp_Q
Another very happy, relaxing song. Wiz Khalifa is known for his laid back lifestyle, and this song captures exactly that. Wiz combines a pretty relaxing beat with some clever lyrics for a really great song. This song has been really popular; it ended up being leaked on the internet a month before it was supposed to, and it still made album, "Rolling Papers". This track is great for anyone who wants an upbeat and catchy song that doesn't do anything but make you grin.

U Don't Know- Jay-Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7SUvfYG1wo
I respect Jay-Z at a very high level. He was once a crack dealer in the projects of New York, but later became rapper. He used his rapping to propel himself to being a businessman, and this song off of the first "Blueprint" album really shows how serious this guy is about being the best. Jigga (Jay-Z) is known for his sly and crafty lyrics that depict the hustler's lifestyle he lives. Jay lives for his money, and the words he says in this song show it. The bellow verse is quite possibly my favorite from this song:
"I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell
I am a hustler baby, I'll sell water to a well"

Amber-311
This song is really relaxing and just like Badfish, it gives you a really positive feeling(as you can see, I might be listening to hoodlum music one moment, and then relaxing rock another). This song was part of the soundtrack to the movie "50 First Dates". While living in California, I used to listen to this song 24/7. A lot of memories come with this song for me, and now that whenever I listen to it I get a sort of nostalgic feeling that is very bittersweet. After rediscovering this song, I not only get a relaxing, "beachy" feeling, but also I am reminded of countless memories while living in California.

As you can see, I have a wide variety of music. If you guys have any songs similar to these, please let me know. 



No comments:

Post a Comment